Sunday 26 February 2012

PATINATION

For my connections theme of pregnancy and childbirth I have decided to look into the technique of patination in jewellery, as well as later looking into other techniques in looking into different textures as well as negative shaping and making the shapes appear more 3d rather than working on a flat form.

These are the first few samples which I have done of patination working with applying vinegar, sea salts and table salt to metal, placing it into a mixture or painting it on as well as placing metal into salt and vinegar walkers crisps. Which has left my metal with blue colouring, all of these samples where created through cold patination, up next I’m going to look into applying heat to metal in changing the colour of the metal. I’m looking into creating more of a softer colour or even a red colour to the metal.

1 comment: