Friday 25 November 2011

Samples

Attempting to create my 40 samples PLUS my 12 refined samples has left me with battered hands I’m not going to lie. After managing to snap over twenty blades and cutting my poor little finger twice, I am defiantly glad to say it’s the weekend. 
My 12 refined samples are slowly coming along, hoping to get textiles completed over the weekend. It’s being very messy indeed while applying brusho to different materials, leaving me with beautiful stained hands. The colours at least look nice on the fabrics though, lots of hand embroidery going into them along with the use of using my rubber stamps.
Then it’s a very busy two weeks ahead of me, to complete the rest of jewellery and ceramics. I’ve chosen to focus upon the technique of etching within jewellery, creating lots of animals little faces alongside vegetable bodies. Very naïve indeed. The jewellery room has slowly become as if it’s my second home this week, little do people know that me and jewellery DO NOT get on. Excited to combine textiles and jewellery together though! In ceramics I’m experimenting with mono printing which I’m actually enjoying, hopefully by Monday there should be fired so I can apply some decals on top which are of my drawings of vegetables.

Next… design development.



No comments:

Post a Comment